Association of Old Crows Educational Foundation
Apply for 2020!
Applications for 2020 are now open! Click here to apply!
Congratulations to the 2019 Scholarship Awardees!
About the Scholarship
The Association of Old Crows (AOC) Educational Foundation (AEF) will be providing two scholarships to students currently in their sophomore or junior year of college.
THE AOC STEM STUDENT OF THE YEAR: Each $12,500 scholarship will be awarded in May 2020 to one male and one female student studying in the fields of engineering or engineering technology and interested in working in the Aerospace and Defense Industry. These scholarships are funded by a generous $25,000 donation from Raytheon Company.
About the AOC Educational Foundation
The scholarship program is administered by the AOC Educational Foundation, a 501(c)3 education foundation.
- Applicant must be a US citizen
- Applicants must be registered as a full-time student in sophomore or junior year of matriculated undergraduate engineering or engineering technology study at time of application submission in an accredited college/university.
- Academic excellence in study relating to signals collection, signals processing, cyber technologies (offensive/defensive), electronic transmission & receipt of signals, spectrum visualization, and similar fields of study with interest and/or potential contribution to the Department of Defense (DoD, Aerospace and Defense Industry, or other Government Agencies is preferred .
- Applicant must have a cumulative undergraduate GPA of 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale) or higher.
- Interest and potential future contribution to national defense. (Based on the student essay)
- Academic excellence in engineering or engineering technology area of study.
- Student essay - Interest and potential future contribution to national defense.
If you have any questions or need additional information regarding the application process, please do not hesitate to contact:
Students are selected by an independent organization not affiliated with the AOC or the AEF. The selected student names, degree program, expected graduation year, essay and nominations (if any) will be presented to the AEF Scholarship Committee for routine confirmation of the selection process. No financial information is requested.
Deadline and Award Notice
- Fully completed applications and accompanying paperwork must be received NO LATER THAN April 30, 2020
- Scholarship awardees will be selected and announced NO LATER THAN May 2020
- Scholarship funds will be awarded through the selected students educational institution in the student’s name for tuition for the Fall Semester 2020. For students attending educational institutions that cannot accept funds limited to tuition expenses, scholarship funds will be awarded to the institution to be applied to financial support of other programs authorized by the educational institution including loan programs, military clothing/equipment issue expenses, etc accrued during a student’s tenure.