The AOC is hiring
Friday, December 7, 2018
The AOC is seeking a Manager, Exhibits and Conferences to lead our exhibit management, sponsorship fulfillment and assist with conference planning. We’re looking for someone highly motivated and proactive; a problem-solver able to work effectively both independently and as part of a team. Accepting applications through January 11, 2019.
Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
With over 13,000 members internationally, AOC is an organization for individuals who have common interests in Electronic Warfare (EW), Electromagnetic Spectrum Management Operations (EMSO), Cyber Electromagnetic Activities (CEMA), Information Operations (IO), and other information related capabilities. Our mission is connecting members and organizations nationally and internationally across government, defense, industry, and academia to promote the exchange of ideas and information, and provides a platform to recognize advances and contributions in these fields.
We offer excellent benefits – such as health insurance, 401(k), paid leave and professional development support – as well as a flexible work environment. We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. However, application must be a US citizen and eligible to obtain a security clearance.
Basic Function of the Position
To integrate into the AOC Conferences and Convention team through leadership of exhibit management, sponsorship fulfillment and assist with conference planning.
Excited by organization. A willingness to raise your hand and reach out when needed. Unafraid of a challenge. Thrilled by spreadsheets. Driven to represent this organization to exhibitors, sponsors, and partners. Ready to be part of a team of 12 that delivers like a team of 120, and laughs like a team of 1,200.
This position reports directly to the Director, Meetings and Events and will work closely with the Sales and Client Operation Manager as well as the Senior Conference manager to deliver a superior level of customer service as the main point of contact for exhibitors and sponsors, providing guidance and support for their investment, communicating show information, and lending additional logistics support for several smaller conferences. The manager will also develop and implement strategies to grow and promote these programs.
You will be responsible for:
· For annual convention, oversee floorplan management, coordinate with general service contractor, security, medical, exhibitor appointed contracts, exhibitor service kit development, event and year-round sponsorship management and adherence to booth display rules.
· Tailor the exhibitor experience at the different venues; assist with exhibitor logistics at the venue, working closely as a liaison with vendors and venue personnel.
· Assist with the development of exhibit floor plans.
· Ensure effective communication of show information to exhibitors, including development of exhibitor prospectus, website information and exhibitor/sponsor communications (email, phone, newsletters, onsite), working with multiple vendors to collect information, and develop processes.
· Manage affiliate meeting requests.
· Support the Sales and Client Operation Manager in prospecting for new sponsorship opportunities / engagement including developing pricing models, specifications and benefits.
· Coordinate sponsor fulfillment in respect to meeting timelines and ensure consistent communication with sponsors regarding deliverables and deadlines and overseeing ordering/production of sponsored items.
· Lead and coordinate all aspects of smaller conferences including pre-planning, on-site execution and post-event wrap-up; specifically, coordination of housing, registration, audio/visual, shuttle bus, F&B, site selections, off site events, and speaker management.
· Reconcile exhibitor and sponsorship invoicing and collections.
Qualifications / Work Experience
· Bachelor’s degree in Event Planning or related field preferred or commensurate experience.
· 4-6+ years relevant professional experience in the convention/event/meeting/tradeshow planning industry with exhibits and/or sponsorship programs strongly preferred.
· Excellent knowledge of meeting industry terminology and comprehensive knowledge of meeting planning, tradeshow and registration processes.
· Familiarity with venues, facilities, convention centers and convention city packages throughout the country.
Skills / Capabilities / Technical
· Excellent organizational skills including setting priorities in work assignments, coordinating projects, and following up on assignments with minimal direction
· Ability to efficiently handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment with attention to detail
· Strong interpersonal skills with ability to interact effectively, efficiently and professionally with individuals at all levels of the organization
· Proficient with Excel, Word, Outlook and experience with databases as well as the ability to learn new technology platforms
· Excellent attention to detail with strong organizational skills
· Team player with positive attitude, enthusiastic energy and ability to have fun with team members
· Open to new ideas and other duties as they arise and are assigned
· Support AOC’s overall goals and objectives through additional responsibilities and other duties as assigned
· Some travel required