The AOC is Hiring! - Sales & Client Operations Manager
Wednesday, September 19, 2018
AOC OPPORTUNITY: SALES AND CLIENT OPERATIONS MANAGER
The Association of Old Crows (AOC) is seeking candidates to fill a newly created Sales and Client Operations Manager position. This is a full-time staff position reporting to the Director for Advocacy and Outreach in the Alexandria, Virginia headquarters office.
The Sales and Client Operations Manager is responsible for the sale of sponsorships and exhibit space for all AOC programs and activities, including the annual International Symposium and Convention, and the execution of strategies to ensure development of revenue-generating relationships and account growth with assigned clients. This position works in conjunction with the AOC business development cross-functional team that includes industry outreach and marketing. The Sales and Client Operations Manager is expected to manage relationships with clients and activities with internal teams to maximize successful and efficient execution of all sales opportunities and to build a sustainable sales operation within the AOC. Travel is required, approximately 25 percent.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to the following:
- Ownership of client care, serving as primary POC for client needs and managing client service delivery, including developing a client care portal capability.
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of all Company products, technology and services.
- Utilize all resources available to increase expertise.
- Sell and promote sponsorships for annual convention and signature conferences, including on-site sales for the following year (future events).
- Sell and promote industry membership and sponsorship of all other AOC programs, including education, webinars, advocacy, and STEM.
- Design, promote and negotiate annual sponsorship packages for clients who want to sponsor or exhibit in multiple AOC events and activities throughout the year.
- Coordinate with staff to develop an annual promotional plan for the exhibits/sponsorship program to include development of exhibitor prospectus, distribution of the prospectus and follow-up with potential exhibitors
- Develop priority points systems or other method for exhibit booth sales prioritization.
- In conjunction with the Director of Meetings and Events, develop a floor plan for the annual convention exhibit program.
- Sell and assign exhibit space for annual convention and promote other AOC events that include exhibit space.
- Attendance at other industry shows and meetings, as approved by AOC management, to promote AOC and obtain leads
- Recommend AOC program enhancements and best practices through gathering business requirements and feedback.
- Audit industry shows and advise events team on prices and selling windows for the following categories: booth price, convention registration price, conference prices, sponsorship packages, and branding prices.
- Engage with Business Development team to identify and understand new opportunities for the sale of additional products.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree required. Advanced degrees or certifications in business administration, marketing, or sales is preferred.
- 5-7 years of relevant professional experience in business administration, project management/coordination, marketing, or sales.
- Familiarity with EW industry and/or working with government and industry contractors preferred but not required.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills – successful incumbents must possess the ability to clearly articulate both technical and functional aspects of our products and services during client meetings, presentations, etc.
- Must possess the ability to comfortably interact via phone or email and face-to-face with clients, internal staff, and executives.
- Must possess strong time management skills, attention to detail, and the ability to handle demanding deadlines and multiple tasks and priorities.
- Experience in managing a sales portfolio and conducting sales operations is preferred.
- Must have intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office, specifically Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Ability to navigate the Internet with ease is required.
- Must possess the collaboration skills to successfully work in a cross-functional team.Security Clearance is not required for this position.
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS :
Interested candidates should submit resume and cover letter to Mr. Ken Miller, Director of Advocacy and Outreach, at email@example.com. Writing samples may be requested but are not required for application.