Electronic Warfare Modeling and Simulation
Thursday, January 16, 2020 14:00 -15:00 EST
Modeling and Simulation is extremely useful to the field of Electronic Warfare. It includes computer modeling for engagement analysis, simulation for training and simulation for test and evaluation of systems, and subsystems. This webinar introduces all of these applications. After covering basic definitions, the webinar focuses on some important modeling and simulation principles:
- What level of fidelity is required in a model and in a simulator (for training and for test and evaluation)?
- How is simulation most effectively applied to the selection of approaches?
- How does simulation enhance the training of commanders, operators and maintainers?
- How is simulation most effectively applied to test and evaluation?
- How can signals be introduced into an EW system for the evaluation of systems and subsystems during the testing process?
- How are system components modeled?
- How are interactions between threats and EW systems represented mathematically?
Dave Adamy is an internationally recognized expert in electronic warfare who writes the popular monthly EW-101 column in the Journal of Electronic Defense magazine. He has over 50 years experience as a systems engineer and program technical director, developing EW systems from DC to Light, deployed on platforms from submarines to space, with specifications from quick reaction capability to high reliability. He has published over 250 professional articles on Electronic Warfare, receiver system design and closely related subjects, including the popular EW101 series in the Journal of Electronic Defense. He has presented dozens of EW courses for military, government and defense industry organizations in the US and allied countries. He holds an MSEE (Communication theory) and has written 16 books on Electronic Warfare and related subjects. Website http://lynxpub.com/
*Registration will close one hour prior to the start of the webinar (1pm ET)! Any registrations taken after this time will not be able to view the live webinar.
Registration and attendance at this live event is complimentary for AOC members and non-members alike. However, you must be signed into your AOC account to register. If you don't have an AOC account, but would like to register for free, please join here as a "Guest Non-Member."
After you register for the webinar, you will be emailed a confirmation with the link to the webinar, along with instructions on how to connect.
- To ensure your computer system has access to Adobe Connect, please test your system HERE.
You can also access the webinar via free mobile apps available on iOS and Android devices.
For questions, please contact Caleb Herr.
PLEASE NOTE: By registering for this webinar, you are providing explicit consent that the details of your registration may be used by the Association of Old Crows (AOC), the presenter, and/or the sponsor(s) to contact you via email for informational and marketing purposes.
VIEW RECORDED PRESENTATION
The entire presentation and Q&A will be recorded for viewing approximately 24 hours after the event. On-demand viewing of recorded webinars is reserved as a benefit for dues-paying AOC members only. You can join the AOC here. You can find the link to the recording in our AOC Virtual Series Archive.