EW Against a New Generation of Threats
Course Length: 24 hours total - delivered across 8 sessions of 3-hours each. Each session contains lecture and practical problems.
- Mondays, Wednesdays & Fridays, 13:00 – 16:00 EDT (17:00 – 20:00 UTC), April 13th – April 29th, 2020
- PLEASE NOTE: This course will be delivered through Adobe Connect. To ensure your computer system has access to Adobe Connect, please test your system HERE. Each session will be recorded and made available to all registrants for 30 days after the course. If you miss a session or two, you can catch up by viewing the recording!
This is a web based course taught as a series of eight three hour real-time on-line sessions
A new generation of threats has created a significant number of challenges to Electronic Warfare equipment and tactics. We simply cannot continue doing things the way we have been doing them, with significant success, for decades. This is a practical, hands-on course which covers Spectrum Warfare and current EW approaches, and moves on to discuss the new equipment capabilities and Tactics that are required to meet the new threat challenges.
- Spectrum Warfare, including the nature of this newly recognized “battle-space,” Net-centric warfare, cyber warfare, connectivity issues and link jamming.
- Legacy radars and associated weapons and performance calculations
- Next generation threat radars and their impact on EW capabilities
- Digital communication theory and practice
- Legacy communication threats and performance calculations
- Next generation communication threats and their impact on EW operations
- Digital RF Memories,
- New developments in Infrared threats and countermeasures,
- Modern radar decoys.
Each section of the course includes lecture, discussion and practical in-class problems.
If you would like a preview of this course, click the link below to register for the webinar on
"EW in the New Threat Environment
" that Dave Adamy will be presenting on June 20.
|| EW Principles, Overview & Spectrum Warfare
||Chapters 1 & 2
|| Digital Communications
|| Legacy Radars
|| Next Generation Threat Radars
|| Legacy Communication Threats
|| Modern Communication Threats
|| Digital RF Memories (DRFM) and IR Threats
||Chapters 8 & 9
|| IR Threats and Radar Decoys
||Chapters 9 & 10
Course handout materials will include a 250 page syllabus with all visual aids, an Electronic Warfare Pocket Guide, an Antenna and Propagation Calculation Slide Rule, and a scientific calculator.
It is recommended that you purchase the 2015 hard-cover text book, EW 104 -EW Against a New Generation of Threats (ISBN:13: 978-1-60807-869-1). A discount will be provided to purchase the book at a discounted rate after registration has been completed.
Who should take this course:
The course is intended for technical or marketing professionals who are new to EW or are concerned with the changes in the threat environment that impact development or operational activities. All of the background math is fully explained in the course.
AOC Members - $1600
Non AOC Members - $1650
Instructor: Dave Adamy
Dave Adamy is an internationally recognized expert in electronic warfare who writes the popular monthly EW-101 column in the Journal of Electronic Defense magazine. He has over 50 years experience as a systems engineer and program technical director, developing EW systems from DC to Light, deployed on platforms from submarines to space, with specifications from quick reaction capability to high reliability. He has published over 250 professional articles on Electronic Warfare, receiver system design and closely related subjects, including the popular EW101 series in the Journal of Electronic Defense. He has presented dozens of EW courses for military, government and defense industry organizations in the US and allied countries. He holds an MSEE (Communication theory) and has written 16 books on Electronic Warfare and related subjects. Website: http://lynxpub.com/