Advanced Principles of Electronic Warfare
Course Length: 16 hours total - delivered across 2 day sessions of 8-hours each.
- Thursday & Friday, 08:00 – 17:00 EDT (12:00 - 22:00 UTC), October 31st – November 1st, 2019
This is a follow-on overview course to the EW Fundamentals course presented at the beginning of the AOC convention. It builds on the earlier discussion, extending coverage to new generation radar and communication threats and countermeasures against them.
Attendees will receive a course syllabus with copies of all slides and exercise work sheets, an Antenna and Propagation Slide Rule and an EW Pocket Guide.
• Introduction and Review: Quick review of the main points of the fundamentals course, points that carry forward to the consideration of more advanced threats
• Advanced Radar Threats: The series of recent upgrades to missile systems and their associated radars including Electronic Protection features.
• Advanced communications threats: The upgrades to modern command and control communications and data links that present significant electronic warfare challenges.
• Modern Electronic Attack (EA) systems and their underlying technologies, for example digital radio frequency memories.
• EA against Modern Radars including new jamming strategies and specific counters to EP features
• EW against modern communication threats: techniques for the intercept, location and jamming of new types of communications.
• Off-board Countermeasures: Decoys, expendable jammers, and flares including legacy and new generation system. Also covers deployment strategies.
Each section has examples and structured in-class exercises.
This course is held in conjunction with the 56th Annual AOC International Symposium & Convention, held October 28-30, 2019 in Washington D.C. Registration for that event does not constitute registration for this course, nor are there any connected costs or discounts.
This course will be held on-site for two days following this year's symposium and convention. Beverages will be provided to attendees, but meals are your own responsibility.
Maximize your time at the 2019 AOC Convention by adding Dave Adamy's prerequisite course!
Sign up for Fundamental Principles of EW being offered on October 26 - October 27.
Who should attend:
This course is designed for individuals who have completed a fundamental EW course or have significant experience in the field.
Early Bird Pricing - before 9/27/19
AOC Members - $1400
Non AOC Members - $1500
On-Site Pricing - after 9/27/19
AOC Members - $1500
Non AOC Members - $1600
Instructor: David L. Adamy
Dave Adamy is an internationally recognized expert in electronic warfare who writes the popular monthly EW-101 column in the Journal of Electronic Defense magazine. He has over 50 years experience as a systems engineer and program technical director, developing EW systems from DC to Light, deployed on platforms from submarines to space, with specifications from quick reaction capability to high reliability. He has published over 250 professional articles on Electronic Warfare, receiver system design and closely related subjects, including the popular EW101 series in the Journal of Electronic Defense. He has presented dozens of EW courses for military, government and defense industry organizations in the US and allied countries. He holds an MSEE (Communication theory) and has written 16 books on Electronic Warfare and related subjects. Website http://lynxpub.com/