21st Century Electronic Warfare, Systems, Technology, and Techniques
Course Length: 32 hours total - delivered across 8 sessions of 4-hours each.
- Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays 13:00 – 17:00 EST (18:00 – 22:00 UTC), February 3rd – February 21st
- PLEASE NOTE: This course will be delivered through Adobe Connect. To ensure your computer system has access to Adobe Connect, please test your system HERE. Each session will be recorded and made available to all registrants for 30 days after the course. If you miss a session or two, you can catch up by viewing the recording!
This course offers a comprehensive overview of modern electronic (EW) warfare systems, technology, and techniques. The domains of electronic attack, electronic support, and electronic protection will all be explored. We will explore various relevant technologies and how these can be integrated into effective EW systems and how those systems can impact operational effectiveness.
AOC Members, if you would like a preview of this course, click the link below to watch the
webinar on "Radar Cross Section and Stealth" that Dr. Clayton Stewart presented on May 9,2019.
Agenda for topics covered in each 4-hour session:
– Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Intelligence Surveillance Reconnaissance (C4ISR) Systems
- Session 4 – Mon. February 10th, 2020 13:00 – 17:00 EST (18:00 – 22:00 UTC)
– Types of Threats
– Radar Cross Section (RCS) and Stealth
– Radar Equation
- Session 5 – Wed. February 12th, 2020 13:00 – 17:00 EDT (18:00 – 22:00 UTC);
– Communications Systems
• Military Comms
• Commercial Comms
– Intelligence Systems
- Session 6 – Fri. February 14th, 2020 13:00 – 17:00 EDT (18:00 – 22:00 UTC);
– Electronic Support (ES) & EW Receivers
– Types of EW Receivers
• Electronic Support Measures (ESM)
• Radar Warning Receivers (RWR)
– Receiver Parameters
- Monday, February 17, 2020 - PRESIDENTS DAY (NO SESSION)
- Session 7 – Wed. February 19th, 2020 13:00 – 17:00 EDT (18:00 – 22:00 UTC)
– Emitter Location
– Electronic Attack (EA)
• Infrared Countermeasures (IRCM)
• Anti-Radiation Missiles (ARM’s)
- Session 8 – Fri. February 21st, 2020 13:00 – 17:00 EDT (18:00 – 22:00 UTC);
– Electronic Protection (EP)
• Radar EP
– EW Operations
• Communications EP
– Summary and Conclusion
Who should attend:
This course has been designed for staff who need a comprehensive overview of EW. There are no specific prerequisites, and mathematics in the course is kept to a minimum. The course should be useful for line engineers who are working on a small technical piece of EW and need a bigger picture and for other staff such as business development personnel who need a broad overview of the subject.
AOC Members - $2150
Non AOC Members - $2200
Instructor: Dr. Clayton V. Stewart
Dr. Stewart is a Visiting Professor in the Department of Electronics and Electrical Engineering at University College London. He has been involved in EW for his entire career, starting off as an EW Officer in the US Air Force.