The course is designed to provide an introduction to the understanding of the Land EW environment an operational focus. The course will provide an insight into the key differentiators between the Land, Air and Maritime environment, focussing on the Land environment and some of the real world challenges of the Land EW practitioner.
This course isn’t designed to baffle you with math; rather to focus on the practicalities of the Land EW environment. An overview of the course content is below:
• Land EW – What makes this different from Air and Maritime?
• What factors shape the Land EW environment?
• Is Land EW Tactical or Strategic; what’s the difference?
• The challenges of conducting ES in the Land environment – A practitioners view.
• Electronic Attack – What is the impact in the Land environment?
• Electronic Defence – A forgotten skill?
• What should a modern ES System consist of?
• Tactical EW Operations – How they have changed
• The challenge of getting the right information to the right people at the right time
• What are the challenges presented by today’s threats to a modern ES system?
• Spectrum Management & EW – The mutual benefits
• Comms EA and CREW – What’s the difference, and why does it matter?
• A country case study - A basic introduction to deploying EW assets into a current conflict region, where Land EW is not currently utilised by the force commander
Each session will be presented LIVE by an actively engaged instructor. The virtual classroom allows you to “raise your hand,” ask your questions audibly or type them in the chat, and the instructor will respond to your questions in real-time. It’s just like sitting in the classroom with the instructor – all without leaving your office or home. All sessions are recorded and are made available to registrants for 30 days after registering. Recordings are available within 24 hours.
Sessions for this course take place on July 31, August 2, August 7, and August 9 from 13:00 - 16:00 EDT (17:00 - 20:00 UTC)
July 31, 2017 - 1300-1600 EDT (1700-2000 UTC)
This first session is designed to explore what makes the Land EW environment different from the Air and Maritime EW environments. We will look at the factors that affect the Land EW environment and discuss when or if Land EW should be considered Tactical or Strategic.
Register for Session 1
August 2, 2017 - 1300-1600 EDT (1700-2000 UTC)
This session focusses on some of the challenges of conducting Electronic Surveillance in the Land EW environment purely from a practitioners view. We will also explore the impact of using Electronic Attack in the Land environment and how Electronic Defence has taken a back seat in the Land environment.
Register for Session 2
August 7, 2017 - 1300-1600 EDT (1700-2000 UTC)
Session 3 looks at what a modern ES System could consist of depending on the role you wish it to be utilised for. We will also explore the challenges presented by today’s Land EW threats to a modern ES System. This feeds into Tactical EW Operations and how they have changed over the last 20 years
Register for Session 3
August 9, 2017 - 1300-1600 EDT (1700-2000 UTC)
This final session will discuss the benefits of the collaboration between spectrum management and EW. We will also briefly identify the key differences between Comms EA and CREW (ECM (FP)) and more importantly, why this matters. To close we will look at a country case study where Land EW is not currently utilised by the force commander.
Register for Session 4