What is advocacy? Why is advocacy necessary to advance the EW discipline? How can you become an effective advocate to government from where you live and work? The Advocacy Training Webinar will provide participants with a better understanding about advocacy and its role in policy development and the cultivation of leadership. You'll learn best practices and tips for applying advocacy principles for both individual and organizational advocacy. Additionally, we'll discuss legislation and policy initiatives before Congress that serve as opportunities to get involved on behalf of the community.
The webinar will cover the following topics:
1. Defining advocacy and its value to the public policy process
2. Advocacy versus Lobbying - what seperates the two concepts and why is advocacy quickly becoming the preferred method to engage Congress?
3. Finding your way around the legislative process - know where to begin, stay on course, and achieve your goal.
4. Advocacy tools, tactics, and best practices for individuals and organizations (plus helpful free resources at your fingertips).
5. Issues for Congress (and opportunities for advocates): acquisition reform, defense budget, export control policy, commercial spectrum policy, and more.
6. Getting started by yourself, with an ad hoc group, or organization.
Participants of the webinar will also be able to continue the discussion and to receive guidance from the AOC following the webinar to help you get started and stay involved.
After you register for the webinar, you will be emailed a confirmation with the link to the webinar, along with instructions on how to connect.
You can also access the webinar via free mobile apps available on iOS, Android, and Blackberry devices.
For questions, please contact Brock Sheets.
The entire presentation and Q&A will be recorded for viewing approximately 24 hours after the event. You can find the link to the recording in our AOC Virtual Series Archive. (separate registration required to view the recording)
By registering for this event, the details of your profile may be used by the Association of Old Crows (AOC), the presenter, or the sponsor(s) to contact you by email.
The AOC offers all past webinars for free to members. A password is required to view archived webinars. Members, click here to get your password and start watching right away. Not a member? Click here to sign up, and start viewing the webinars in minutes!