Tidewater Chapter Scholarships
Tidewater Association of Old Crows Undergraduate Scholarship Program
The Tidewater Chapter of the Association of Old Crows (AOC) provides scholarship grants to deserving students from the Hampton Roads area, subject to the availability of funds. Scholarships will be awarded to students enrolled as full-time students in a course of study at an accredited two-year or four-year college or university that leads to an Associates or Bachelor's degree. The AOC is a professional organization serving as an advocate for a strong defense through strategy, policy and programs for electronic warfare, information operations, and electromagnetic spectrum operations.
2014 Scholarship Grants
- Three $500 grants
- Awards based on academic excellence or financial need
- Applicants must be U.S. citizens
- Applicants must be graduating high school seniors
- Applicants must be accepted for enrollment in a full-time course of study at an accredited two or four year college or university in the United States. Enrollment in distance learning programs does not meet this requirement.
- Eligible applicants include residents of Hampton Roads
- Applicants with appointments to military academies, four-year ROTC scholarships, or other scholarships providing more than $10,000 total are not eligible
- Complete Tidewater AOC Scholarship Application found online at under “Scholarships” “Chapter Scholarships” then “Tidewater Chapter”
- There are no fees to apply for a Tidewater AOC Scholarship grant
- Gather and attach letters of recommendation from teachers, principals or other individuals (Submit no more than three with application)
- Submit application and letters of recommendation to:
Tidewater AOC Scholarship Program
c/o MacAulay Brown Inc.
21 Enterprise Parkway, Suite 140
Hampton, Virginia 23666-5845
- Applications must be postmarked no later than 30 April 2014 for consideration
- All applications and attachments submitted become the property of Tidewater AOC, so be sure to keep a copy for your records
- Winners will be notified on or before 30 May 2014 using the contact information provided
- Once an applicant is notified they will be required to furnish proof of enrollment in the university of their choice. Grant payments will be paid directly into the student’s account at the university.