- Please join us for the 8 March 2014 Annual Scholarship and Local Achievement Awards.
- TBD - Piracy on the Gulf of Aden, RADM ret Terry McNight (Cobham). Postponed from original date as a result of conflict.
- TBD - Miniature Data Links for UAV Applications, Larry Lyon (Cobham SJ).
WINDY CITY CHAPTER BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEET MONTHLY
All members are invited to observe
Where: Northrop Grumman 600 Hicks Road 60008 Conference Room H6485C
Meetings are the first Tuesday of each month.
The AOC is a professional organization that promotes information superiority to maintain national security by providing.
- Awareness to the general public, members and government agencies
- Studies and Analysis to support national defense issues
- Education assistance and scholarships
- Recognition of members accomplishments through awards
- Sponsorship of trade shows and exhibits
The Association of Old crows is surviving well in this period of de-emphasized defense and reduced spending. Our membership has stabilized and the AOC recognizes the changes occurring in defense. The AOC has focused on important member services, expanded into new arenas and has been fiscally prudent. Imperative now is the establishment of and organization strategy that, when executed, will expand the membership, renew growth, poise the association for advancement into the new millennium and broaden our technical scope.
The key premise of the following plan is and understanding that to continue as a strong and growing association, we must attract new pools of talent that have been closely associated with defense electronics activity but not previously a robust part of AOC. The addition of members from these disciplines will fill out the associations scope making it the undisputed leader in the emerging area of Information Operations and Warfare.
In accordance with the Vision and Scope statements, the AOC supports defensive and offensive Information Operations for the maintenance of peaceful world-order, potential conflict, combat of any intensity, counter-terrorism, and law enforcement operations. Of particular significance are the threats developing from potential attacks against the nation's computer controlled infrastructure. What's new is the speed and coverage with which a nations networks for transportation, banking, communications, power generating, and control of military operations can be attacked. This vulnerability is generating major commercial security developments that reflect the AOC interests and opens the opportunity for a new class of membership outside the historical military channels. The AOC strategy is aimed at expanding our roles and missions in the following special interest areas.
- Information Operations /Warfare
- Command and Control Warfare
- Defense Suppression
- EO/IR Warning, Countermeasures, CCM
- RF Warning, Countermeasures and CCM
- Directed Energy Warfare
- Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance
- Signature Reduction / Control
- Navigation Warfare
- Radar and Radar Countermeasures
- Computer Security and Attack
- Image Interpretation and Analysis
- Psychological Operations