About the Scholarship
The Association of Old Crows (AOC) Educational Foundation (AEF) will be providing two scholarships to college students studying in the fields of Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM). These scholarships are funded by a $25,000 donation from the Raytheon Corporation. Two scholarships in the amount of $12,500 each will be awarded in May 2016.
About the AOC Educational Foundation
• Applicant must be a US citizen
• Applicant must be enrolled as a full-time student at an accredited college or university
• Applicant must be a junior or senior in an undergraduate degree program
• Applicant should be studying in the field of engineering or technology
• Applicant should have a cumulative undergraduate GPA of 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale) or higher
Deadline and Award Notice
• Applications & accompanying paperwork must be received no later than
Friday, May 13th, 2016.
• The scholarship awardee will be announced no later than Friday, May 27th, 2016.
• The scholarship will be awarded through the selected student’s educational institution in the
student’s name for the Fall Semester 2017.
Submit a short essay of not more than two typewritten pages (12-point font, double-spaced) on your interests with regard to National Defense. Specifically, address how your interests and education objectives will support future contributions to National Defense. Examples include interests in Electronic Warfare (EW), Information Operations (IO), Electromagnetic Spectrum Operations (EMSO) and Cyber Electromagnetic Activities (CEMA).
If you need additional space for any application section, please write “See attachment” under the question, provide your answer in its entirety on a separate page, and attach the additional page to your application.
Include at least one academic reference. You may submit more than two references; however, applications with more than two references will not receive special preference.
Recommendations must be received directly from the reference (not the applicant). Ensure the individual providing the reference identifies the student for whom they are providing the reference.
Submit complete application with accompanying material electronically via pdf attachment to: Scholarship@crows.org.
What criteria are used to select the scholarship winners?
Selection of the applicants shall be based on:
• Academic excellence in STEM area of study
• Interest and potential future contribution to national defense. (Based on the student essay)
• If you have any questions or need additional information regarding the application process,
please do not hesitate to contact:
Chair, Scholarship Committee
AOC Education Foundation
Who selects the scholarship winners?
Students are selected by an independent organization. The selection shall be made by unbiased, independent group not affiliated with the Educational Foundation or the AOC. The selected student names, degree program, expected graduation year, essay and nominations (if any) will be presented to the AEF Scholarship Committee for routine confirmation of the selection process. No financial information is requested.